Sunday, January 15, 2012

Finals

So I forgot I hate school.

Just kidding! Ha! I just hate finals. The reason I haven't been posting recently is because I had a 20 minute presentation last week, two 7-8 page papers due tomorrow, a 15-20 page paper due Friday, and a 15-20 page paper due Monday. Lucky me.

So I've moved into the library at METU which is really great if you love working in a sauna or passively aggressively staring at people who squeak their chairs too much. You can tell I'm loving finals here. The real problem is that finals at METU are TWO WEEKS (just to emphasize, TWO WEEKS!!) long. This means instead of one week of hell and papers and stress, at METU there's two weeks of hell and papers and stress. Seeing as I'm only just approaching the beginning of the second week, I'd say I'm managing, but I don't know how long that'll last.

In other news, I'm going to England when all this work is over! Yay!!! I'm visiting Pete and Amy and for those of you unacquainted with my family this is Brian's, my sister's husband, parents. Since Mer and Brian dated for almost a decade (not a joke, 8 years) I'd say I know them pretty well. They've been living in England for the past year because when their kids flew the college coop they decided to travel. Pete works as an engineer for something I'm not quite sure of in Derby and they live in Etwall Village. Guess what that means?! I'm going to a village! Hooray! It just tickles me that villages exist in England, it sounds so medieval. So I'll be visiting them for two weeks and speaking English to everyone and relaxing while enjoying the beautiful English countryside. I can't wait! I believe Amy also has some plans to do a trip to Canterbury (Yeah like that famous ancient book!) and then maybe do some other things in London. Good thing I just watched the entire two seasons of Downtown Abbey to prepare myself. Speaking of which everyone in their right mind should watch that amazing show. Its streaming free on Netflixs people, get on it! Also I'll be meeting up with Dan in London sometime to see him in his natural habitat. All I can hope for is that his regional accent comes out and he shows me things about the city I'd never know since he lived in London for 4 years.

Anyways that's about it for me. The last piece of news from here is that it snowed! It's so beautiful and makes campus look like a fairytale land. It's been snowing all day and its really thick. Apparently it should snow off and on all week. So lovely. Also when I was walking to the library with some friends we saw the campus wide snowball fight in Devrim stadium. AMAZING! There were definitely more than 100 students running around throwing snowballs like it was a real battlefield or something. Talk about the best way to get relieve some tension from all those hours in the library.

Here's a few pictures of the snowball fight below.

Outside my apartment.


A bajillon people.


Sebastian ready for a fight with Sibel and Caro trying to look tough.


Snoooow


The fight moved into the corner of the stadium. Hard to tell here but about 100 snowballs were being thrown here.


Caro's defeat by Sebastian.

No comments:

Post a Comment