Monday, October 17, 2011

Yeah, I'm already pretty bad at this

Hmm I've gotten pretty bad at posting on here, but I promise to post soon. I changed the layout of this blog a bit so now I have to come back and fill up all this fancy space with stories. I even have a good (or HORRIBLE depending on your point of view) story of the first American I met here, but I have to read a bit on Turkish history so SOON I promise.

Anyways here's a video to keep you all intrigued and coming back to my blog.



I took this at the top of Ulus during the afternoon call to prayer. Here's the sounds of the muezzin as they echo through the city. I was trying to encapsulate the whole view here because I was sitting at the base of the castle of Ankara, but looking at it now it's a bit choppy and shaky. Oh well! Enjoy!

At 0:49 when the voice stops and starts again, there's this cacophony of different muzzin's all over the area chanting at different speeds. It creates this really awesome echo.

EDIT: So I can't figure out this blogspot video thing so here's the youtube version. Ooo I uploaded my very first youtube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment